Level 2 Award in Healthier Foods and Special Diets
Healthier foods and special diets is a programme that is a one day qualification that provides candidates with all the information they require to prepare nutritious food, develop healthy recipes and cater for a variety of dietary requirements.
Among those who would benefit from this training programme:
Consumers are increasingly interested in the effects of diet and health. With more and more consumers eating food prepared and cooked outside the home, people who work in the wide variety of catering contexts can influence the future health of the population. By offering good quality food and healthier choices, e.g. pre school and school caterers, restaurant, care home, hotel, public houses, café and hospital caterers,event catering
- Good basic understanding of nutrition principles and terminology
- Understand the requirements of a balanced diet and its positive effect on health
- Appreciate that different groups of people require different diets
- Identify different needs, allergies and food intolerences
- Knowledge of the requirements of the current legislation
- Understand the impact of food processing and manufacturing on the nutritional content of foods
- Appreciate the importance of accurate nutritional information being available on food products
- Special diets include people with diabetes,pregnant and breast feeding women.
Participants should have an interest in healthy eating
Multiple choice examination
Length of programme
This is a one day course.
Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
Level 3 Award in HACCP in Catering
For any further questions regarding this course please contact us via the contact page.