HABC LEVEL 2 AWARD IN FOOD SAFETY IN CATERING
The Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 2006 require all staff who handle food, to be trained, instructed and/or supervised in food hygiene procedures and practices commensurate with their activities.
Food poisoning is normally caused by negligence or ignorance and consequently most experts in food hygiene believe that a reduction in the high level food poisoning cases will only be achieved by the education of food handlers.
Among those who would benefit from this training programme:
The HABC Level 2 Awards in Food Safety,this award is for anyone working in a catering sector where food is prepared, cooked and handled.
Successful completion of this course will enable candidates to understand:
- The laws that apply to food businesses and food handlers
- The concepts of food hazards
- The importance of utilising appropriate storage conditions for different types of food
- The importance of high standards of cleaning in food premises to promote good hygiene
- Food Poisoning- The main causes of food poisoning, sources of bacteria which cause food poisoning and related symptoms
- Bacteriology- The characteristics of bacteria and their potential to cause disease and spoil food
- Prevention of Contamination and Food poisoning- The importance of correct handling, preparation, cooling and processing of food
- Personal Hygiene- The importance of personal hygiene in food handling and how risks can be eliminated.
- Premises, Equipment and Pest Control- The importance of food premises being suitably constructed, fitted out and equipped
- Cleaning and Disinfection- The importance of regular, systematic cleaning and disinfection procedures
- Legislation- The basic requirements of the food safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 1995 and all subsequent regulations
Participants should have an interest in food safety
Multiple choice examination
Length of Programme:
Level 3 Award in Supervising HACCP in Catering.
Level 2 Award in Healthier Food and Special Diets.
For any further questions regarding this course please contact us via the contact page.