HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
The aim of the HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail qualification is to provide candidates with knowledge of the basic food safety practices which are essential in a retail environment. The hazards and controls in this type of environment will differ from those found in catering, but are no less important.
Among those who would benefit from this training programme:
The qualification is designed principally for those who work in, or intend to work in, a retail environment where both packaged and/or open foods are available. It is also appropriate for persons providing services, such as delivery drivers and home delivery employees.
The achievement of the HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail qualification will enable learners to identify how to make changes to practices, in order to maintain and improve the safety of food sold to the final consumer.
• Introduction to Food Safety
• Microbiology (Multiplication and Survival Hazards)
• Contamination Hazards and Controls
• Food Poisoning and its Control
• HACCP from Delivery to Distribution
• Food Handlers and Personal Hygiene
• Food Premises and Equipment
• Food Pests and Control
• Cleaning and Disinfection
• Food Safety Enforcement
Participants should have an interest in food safety
Multiple choice exam
• Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety for Retail