Eating for health in care homes
This can be a bespoke course tailored to the nutritional requirements of client group.
Designed for the owners,managers,chefs and care staff of care homes who have responsibility for the nutritional health of older people and people with learning disabilities
- Government guidelines for healthy eating
- Swallowing problems in the older person
- Practical examples of following diets-Fork mashable,puree,soft options and cold smooth diet
- The provision of good nutrition to residents with dementia
- Special diets-Diabetes 2,obesity
- Advice on reducing saturated fat/sugar and increasing vegetables and fruit.
To enable staff to reflect on the importance of food to those in their care and also provide sound information and effective strategies for the provision of healthy eating in care homes.
Level 2 Award in Healthier food&special diets
Menu planning and purchasing in care homes