Who is it suitable for:
People with diabetes, their friends and family.
Anyone working in residential care or care in the community.
Any managers,cooks or catering assistants in the catering industry.
Diabetic Diets -Learning outcomes
Successful completion of this course will enable candidates to understand:
- The types and symptoms of diabetes
- The nutritional requirements of a client who has diabetes
- How a healthy balanced diet can have a positive effect on the health of a client
- How to incorporate recipe ideas into menu planning.
Outline of Programme
• What is it
• Healthy eating plan for diabetics
• Recipe suggestions
• Menu Planning and purchasing
Course duration : 3 hours
Assessment method: question/answer
Experience :previous experience not essential
Level 2 Award in Healthier foods and special diets
Eating for health in care homes