Please share this blog with your contacts
Food Allergy Course/identify food allergens from your menu and recipes/train your staff/provide the necessary paperwork
We can support you to comply with the new regulations that became a legal requirement in December 2014
Please contact 07713632191
The introduction of the Provision of Food Information to consumers regulations 2011 will mean that from December 2014 allergen information will have to be provided on all food (whether sold pre packed or loose).
The regulations introduce two main requirements
- Allergens must be highlighted in the ingredient lists of packaged foods.
- Allergen information must now be available for ‘loose foods’
Local authority enforcement officers will audit allergen control measures when carrying out inspections of catering premises.
Food Allergy Course
The following are best practice guidelines:
- Ensure your staff are trained on how to prepare food for customers asking for food free of certain ingredients,that they understand the risks of allergen cross contamination and can warn customers
- Individual and group staff training is recorded in staff training file
- Have available descriptions/recipes of dishes that contain allergenic food
- Have a dedicated member of staff to deal with customer queries
- Staff understand what chef cards are and you have a policy to deal with them
- Staff are trained to recognise an allergic reaction and act appropriately
Food Allergy Course to comply with new regulations
This is a half day course,aimed to support catering businesses to comply with the new Food Allergy regulations
Please contact 07713632191 to book a course